NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Day to relax


Saturday, day to unwind but still have to do some house chores like washing clothes (it is a must), putting back clean clothes into closet (this normally would take one whole week to clear), cleaning the house (a little bit of sweeping, not really up to dust-free) and simple cooking (if I have to).

But I prefer more to surf internet, hanging on the phone and playback all those Korean drama and TV series I have recorded.

Why am I so lazy nowadays? Back to old days when I stayed in Keramat, I was more like a home maker during the weekend. Saturday was for me to clear everything from dirty clothes up to cleaning houses. I would sweep the floor twice before hitting it with mop. And swept it again for the third time. And I ironed my t-shirt and nighties too. Sunday would be either for window-shopping, social activities etc. I would only be back at home late in the night.

Damn, I am so lazy. I even did not pay much attention to my bedroom. Maybe coz I was pampered by my mother during 3 years plus staying with her. Poor my mother, she would do everything even though she is not fit like before. Some more, her knees give her lots of problems. Everything including ironing my clothes. I just concentrated on my job. She really took great care for me and my father too. He would be the one who brought the breakfast on the table. He didn't cook but bought it outside. Anyway, for your info, my father loves to cook and he is a good cook. However, early preparation of ingredients would be done my mother. Hahaha.


The only good thing I ever done was sending my parents for their medical appointment. Talking about this, I remembered my mother once told me about the conversation she had with this old lady she met at the clinic, I was late picking her up. Apparently, they were talking about their kids, sort of like comparing notes...hahaha. Innocently she remarked to this lady, my daughter stays with me now but it is the other way around. I am taking care of her instead. She is busy with her job, she could only rely on me to send her to hospital. Other things? Nope. Duh!!!! I am kinda like what? Ma, how could you do that? Fortunately, I am way passing the marriage age...so no pressure. Go on, talk what you like. Anyway, this post is dedicated to my sweet mother who always with me during my ups and downs. That's what mother is for. And yes, my father too in his own unique ways.

Hey, I am not that bad. I cook once a while. I taught my mother how to make karipap(curry puff). Yeah, first year, we did together. After that, no need to worry. Karipap readily served on the table for me to eat. Once a while, I would make pudding(my father's fav and me too). And I cooked dishes once in a blue moon too, I think.

 
Ta da, pudding made by me.


See, beautiful layer of colors, we ate it with creamy sauce.

I would share this pudding recipe with you later. Now, I have to clear my houses, clothes hanging everywhere. My sister is coming here tomorrow before we leave for our vacation.