NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Salam Ramadhan

Salam Ramadhan. May this Ramadhan brings us good things and not only bring us closer but also closer to Allah by performing Taraweeh, night prayers, zikir and recite Al Quran.

The first Ramadhan evening was not spent wisely by me. I met Mr V that evening when we are supposed go to mosque to perform Taraweeh etc. or perform at home. Not only I missed that, I ended up break his heart by saying bad things. But as always, he is patient with me. But I can see from his expression that he doesn’t like what I said. He just endured it and woke up this morning, I felt so bad. Especially for not send him off gracefully. And this kind of thing always made me realize how strong my love for him and the hate that I feel inside is not really hatred but unsatisfaction. But my rational mind really, really wants me to leave him. I am trapped between the good and evil me.

The first morning Ramadhan also spent with bad intention. Lately, I became one with those who cut queue. But I did it a little bit subtle and moderately…hahaha. Still defensive.

So, quickly I get ready because I wanted to reach office early and fighting for good parking spot. Hwaiting..I told myself. As usual, slowly I made way to jump queue right after exiting Damai. Then near exit to LDP, a very bad idea came. This time it supposed to be Kiasu jump queue. It meant really all the way and just before the flyover, I will cut in.

Usher’s song was playing. And guess what? Approaching the flyover, I supposed to go left but instead, I went straight ahead towards Kepong. Ah…I really went on detour this morning. Instead of earlier, I arrived late in the office.

Two things I learnt, never ever think of bad idea especially during Ramadhan, the month where all Muslims strive to do good deeds. And I guess it is true, songs can be distracting. So engrossed into Usher's song and his voice, I missed the turn.

Oh yeah, not all bad things happened this morning. As I was negotiating my way on the road, I received a message. Oh goodness, my sister banked in some money for me to spend during Ramadhan. Alhamdulillah.

By the way, what is for iftar? My plan was to head to gym after office hour. But caught up in office work. By the time I am finished it is nearly 7pm. So, the plan was cancelled. Quickly I made my way to New Wing, OU. My parents asked to buy pillows there is warehouse sale somewhere around centre court. Bedsheet, curtains on sale till 14 July. So hurry up.

On the way, I saw promotional item at Baskin-Robbins like scoop of ice cream in espresso for RM9 or RM9.90 only. Unfortunately, no more cup, so they offered me scoop of ice cream with lava cake, about same price. Not in the mood. Suddenly my eyes caught Wed Pink Day. So I decided to have Happy 8  where you can choose 5 flavors and remaining 3 chosen by them. They served in waffle but the scoop is small. Well, it is okay as 8 small scoops is about same size as 2 scoops. And you can taste many flavors at same time.

Happy 8 every Wednesday. This one only RM9.
Yummy, right. I was smiling as I ate this. Last time I had ice cream at  Baskins Robbins during celebrating my birthday with PG. Thanks PG for always there. Kena marahpun, tak serik serik datang.
Happily tasting ice cream, my thots are to pray, buy pillows and go back. But my feet, not me, turn to Food Republic where I had curry bihun with 3 pcs yong tau fu. Yes, again I frequented the same stalls in 3 days. What to do, yong tau fu is so inviting with different type, shape, color, taste and flavor.


That's my food for iftar today. I was alone but didn't matter as I enjoyed my food. See how delicious curry bihun with Yong Tau Fu. Oh yeah, one setback, the gravy for me is too thin.

Ramadhan is when we control our desire, do not spend overboard and be careful not to waste especially your food. Some people treated Ramadhan like a feasting month. So, they want to buy anything to satisfy their hunger, it is like a reward for fasting the whole day. Do it if you must but do not forget the objective of fasting. Remember the poor when you go overboard in spending on food.


Happy Ramadhan. May our prayers and deeds are blessed. May our prayers are answered and we become better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment