NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Sunday, July 28, 2013

A Fatal Split Second

I did tell how I do not have good rest or sleep before heading back home on Saturday. I slept for a short while after Subuh, hoping to catch at least one hour deep sleep. For me, the duration does not matter as long as I sleep soundly. But the excited father of mine keeps ringing the phone, anxious to find out whether I am going on my journey already. In the end, I did not manage to sleep at all. Next time, I will turn off all ringing volume so nobody can disturb me...LOL.


At 7.00, I went to car park with all my belongings but when I reached there, I realised I left my luggage behind. Have to back to my pigeon hole to get my things. Then went to my sister's house to fetch Wawan, TTDI for my uncle and lastly, off to Keramat to pick up another uncle.

Right after 2nd toll on Karak Highway, I started to feel sleepy. The cool breeze from air-cond made it worse, I get sleepier. Then on LPT, I can't focus anymore. My car really does not stay on the lane. But I struggled on driving as I do not want to disturb my uncle. I thought we can change the driving seat once I reached Temerloh rest area. 

But it did not be that way. Suddenly I opened my eyes, like it was dark and realised that my car was heading towards the street barricades. But I managed to swerve back the car on the road and told my uncle I was so sleepy. 

I will like to stress here how dangerous to keep on driving when you are sleepy. In just a split second, anything bad can happen. I used to have bad habit like napping while driving. It started when I have to commute from Damai to Cyberjaya.

We were lucky that day nothing happened. If not, as my sister said, four families will be mourning or maybe we survived but who knows the extent of the injuries. I shuddered to think about that. I am thinking maybe our days are not numbered yet. They said the moment you were born, it is already determine how long you going to live but my prayer is, if I am to leave this world, let it be in the normal way as a Muslim. Not in accident or murdered or bruised whatsoever. Let me gone in one piece as a Muslim.

After this incident, I won't repeat it anymore. Today, we will be heading to KL/Selangor back. If I am sleepy, either I will sleep or break my fast. For the past 3 years, I do not fast whenever I travel due to sleepiness.


Wish us a safe and enjoyable trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment