NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Sleepless In Damai

Since last week, I have been deprived from sound sleep. Every now and then I would wake up in the middle of my sleep. Sometimes, I did not even sleep after wake up, just play with my lappy till it was dawn. By that time, it was too late to go back to bed. Quite a number of days, I think I changed to zombie at work. Coupled up with back pain which also another reason my sleep was interrupted. Anyway, I managed to get back good sleep today. Finally, I am back to normal person. It sure felt so great.

I am the type of person who cannot go to bed earlier than 12 am, unless I was totally beaten up. If not, I would end up wake up in the middle of night, maybe around 2 am, absorbing the silence of the night alone. When it is finally dawn, I would be drowsy but have to fight back the urge to sleep as I need to work.

Since my classes started last week, I try hard to get less sleeping hours as I need more time to study. To be frank, I am more a night person. And I really love to have a good afternoon nap which the opportunity only arises during weekend. If only I can secured night shift job, it would be fantastic.

Last Monday, since the back ached so much, I took half day leave. On my God, I was so sleepy due to sleepless night. On the way back from office to home, I think I dozed off quite a number of times. It happened very fast. One minute, the car right in front of you and next time I opened my eyes, the car was so far in front, leaving a wide empty space between our cars. A number of times and I prayed so hard that I did not run into another car or tree or divider whatsoever. Funny thing, even I took the wrong turn and ended up in Kepong.

Contrary to what we thought, we should never condition our body to less sleep and changed the schedule. Our body and mind need a good rest so that it can function properly. And never ever think that we can make up the loss of sleep by compensating it during our off-peak hours. I like to do that especially during exam time and also busy deadline. Please be generous to our body so we can be prepared for another successful day. 

Not only ensure have enough sleeping hours but if possible good sleeping place. Ah...I am so lazy that my room is so messy and I could not sleep on my own bed. I guess that is another reason I am not able to have a good sleep coz I am sleeping on thin mattress on the floor that it hurts my backbone. Further, there is no night lamp in the living room. I have to let the ceiling lights on as I do not like the darkness. But when it is too bright, it will be difficult for me to have a deep sleep.

I better do spring cleaning soon as I need proper place for my body to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment