NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Monday, June 17, 2013

Blogging and Work

Last Friday, as I was typing my responses on queries addressed by my client, my staff asked me whether I am blogging. By now, almost everyone in the office knows my blog. One colleague even asked why I never mention her name or office story in my blog.

So, this staff told me she noted that there is one post by me in the morning. The answer is nope. To blog actually took your time. At time, I just post whatever I wrote without checking for spelling. But sometimes, I took pain in checking the grammar and spelling error. There was time when I did not follow the suggestion to rephrase my sentence. Reason is writing is like doing something creative. Sometimes, you have to break rules to make it more appealing but do not overdo it. Because at times, some English Language students might refer to your articles as additional learning materials. Anyway, spelling and grammar checking is only available for English post. 

As for Malay post, I just write. well, it is in my mother tongue. I am the expert here. But when I read back, there is spelling error or absurd language structure. Oh man, it is embarrassing. At times, I will go back and edit my spelling mistakes.

That last Friday, I woke up in the wee hour. And thought how much I hate him (again, never ending story) and worried about my coming class. I have not finished preparing for the class. Instead of preparing, I chose to blog. That's why she can see my new post. She just looked at it in a glance, so failed to see the posting time. She thought I just post it.

Anyway, sometimes, I did post during office hour. How do I do it? During lunch, it was the obvious answer. But at times, I did write lots of post and I scheduled it. Just pick up any time and it can be during office hour. Reason is to entice people so they will always come to check my blog for new update. 

In the post setting, there is one option for schedule. Just click that and you will see what I meant (If you are a blogger). Schedule it so you can have continuous posting at your blog. If it happen that you have lots of stories. Now, I am writing this post around 10 pm but I scheduled it to be published at 5 am, 17/6/2013.


Back to another question from my colleagues. Nope, so far, there is no office stories except for some tips based on my experience. Well, not to say that my office life is dull. It is because of privacy and confidentiality. Thus, if possible, I will try to avoid from bringing work issues into my blogging unless for good working tips but certainly not at the expense of breaching confidentiality which is very important in my line of work. 

Another thing, it is fun to tell funny stories about people but after countless of time, it is not funny anymore to the people involved. To tell the truth, we spend our waking hours more in the office as compared with family. I just want to have good times in the office, unlike the old time when I think I was a sore thumb in the office. If one of us is not happy which is caused by us, the environment tends to be awkward. Don't you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment