NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Showdown : Appraisal Time

It is time now for interim review. I think in your career, getting assessed by your boss is the most dreadful things, right. I always hate the confrontation but when in one of my previous company, I always looking forward to get my appraisal done. LOL. I was such a bad person and as I said, it was not a proud thing for always go against your boss. I will put my own grade and waited for his response. But surprisingly, he always gives me good appraisal. At that time, I felt so damn proud but now, I felt ashamed. Last time it was done once a year. Sometimes, boss does not even bother to discuss with you. Some of them called you in but just show their appraisal and started condemn you. Hahaha, condemn is a strong word but more like “showtime, listen to me, this is where you are lacking!” 


As time changes, human resource started to take different approach. And don’t you know in some company it is not called human resources anymore. It becomes people etc to show that they are no longer a cold department. Now, they have two or more interim appraisal before the final one. So, the interim will give you chance to repent and correct yourself. Smile. And we have to set our own goal and grading your own performance. But to be truth, I hate it. Why can’t they just do it and submit to HR? I always be embarrassed the moment my boss detailing my errors and weaknesses.

And I really hate it when I have to appraise people especially, if they are non-performing staff. To make it worse, they are close to you. But you have to do it. I have to think it this way, if I do not point it out, they will never know and I might not be there to back them up all the time. By the time they know their weaknesses, it is too late for them to go back. I am not around anymore. They might be able to rectify it but it may take time and competition can be stiffer with energetic and vibrant newcomers. But like it or not, we have to face it. And I will be in my imaginary world again to deal with the vicious reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment