NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Do we need reason to call?

My friend messaged me out of blue. I am touched she asking about my well-being. Anyway, what really caught my attention when she mentioned she does not call because there is nothing to be told?

In a friendship, people will call each other or drop a visit whenever they have time or an event or simply missing someone. When people are close, no need to worry about nothing to talk. Definitely, when you call your friends, so many things will crop out unless you do not have time to spare.

As for myself, if I miss my friends, I will just call to chat. Asking on their well-being. No point to wait until they are on their deathbed, then only you wants to pay a visit. It will be too late. All that you will experience there is pain seeing them lie lifeless. I do not mean that you can't visit when they are sick. In Islam also, you are encouraged to visit families and friends that are sick, so you can share the burden and cheer them up. At the same time, hopefully it will make you repentant on your actions and grateful to Allah for bestowing good health and life upon you. My view is why wait until it is too late to have a conversation with them. 

Or if I know they are in misery, I won't wait for them to call. I will call to say hi. To let them know they can reach me if they need someone to talk or listen to. At times, I won't probe unless they want to talk. Sometimes, I may give opinion. Sometimes, I just listen. They just need to pour out their worries. They are not asking for you to solve their problems.

So, call your friends anytime you miss them. You do not need any reason to call them. Heck, you are not dealing with Prime Minister. There is no protocol. And if you care for them, show it by action. They might be lonely but since you shut them off so many times whenever they call, they may shy away from you.


Friendship is like a tree. If you keep fertilizing them with love, concern, sharing, attention, it will grow to be a healthy tree that shades you from loneliness and showers you with priceless moments. But if you neglect them, one day you will find it perishes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment