NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Monday, April 9, 2012

Home, safe and sound.

Yes, I made it home. After lots of pondering, contemplating and uhuks, kept postponing, I made a firm decision. Must go back to hometown. I miss my parents, especially my mother and my beautiful nieces. Plus my promise to Princess to send her to school.

Initially, I planned to go back at 10 am yesterday but something came up. Watching tv, doing this and that, it's way past 11 a.m. So, I was quite apprehensive. First, no more speeding more than 120km/hour (yes, I know it is 110km/hour but as I said before, they said it is forgiven if you exceed over 10 km, am I right) and second, driving alone in the night passing Jerangau-Jabor is quite dangerous. Okay, I would postpone to tomorrow, right after the dawn. There I goes again.

An hour passed, guilty feeling surged inside me. So, I decided to drive home. Left message in my friend's FB inbox. While getting ready, this friend called. She wanted to tag along as her mother not well. Great news, now I believe whatever happened is for a reason. A blessing in disguise. If I left at 10 am, I would be driving alone. Even though Usher's crooning would accompany me all the way to Trengganu, it would be nicer to have a sparring partner, someone to talk back. And if I  was going to choose Jerangau-Jabor route, no worries about safety as I got company. Shhhh..actually I am more scared of seeing ghost should I travel alone during the night in remote area. And good for her too, she doesn't have to take public transport. See, all work out nicely.
Around 3.30 pm, we headed home. First pit stop at Shell/Petronas station at Gombak. Grabbed some dunkin donut and burger king's burger for my niece and family ( we don't have Dunkin Donut and Burger King in Kuala Terengganu yet) and top-up touch and go. Oh, Maybank did charge 50 cent for every top-up. Duh, I thought we don't have to pay any charges. All this while, that's what I thought. Why touch and go cannot pick up the charges, at least for RM50 and above top-up? Second pit stop at Hentian Temerloh for prayer, tea and fuel. Gerak lagi...finally we saw the welcoming sign. Jabor exit. Another 2 1/2 hour, we would reach home sweet home.

Makan nasi bubur di Hentian Temerloh

7 something and it was quite dark, I missed the exit to Jerangau-Jabor route. Dear, that's meant we have to travel along the coastal way. So, additional 1 hour on the road. Then, I saw signboard for alternative route to Dungun. My frined has taken the route before. It was dark but I got company, why not I try it. The route is not busy with lorries, so it was smooth except too dark. Reached KT at 10.30 pm. Whatever it is, I am glad to make it home. Good to discover new route too. Further, it was an enjoyable trip with good company.


No comments:

Post a Comment