NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Weekend Mom

Every Friday, I would take over fetching my nephew from his tuition. Yalah, I pity my sister since her house is far from the tuition place which is approximately 45 minutes to and fro. Since the place is on my way back from office, I volunteer to pick him up.

Actually, he is more like a son to me but the difference is I do not have to spend money for his education whatsoever. When he was still small kid, I used to have him stay at my place during school holiday. 

Although I like to nag and known as fierce aunty, this kid is not afraid of me. I think he is getting used to it. So, the moment he opened the door, he said he got money to buy taco but not for drink. I told him he cannot have any more sweet drinks since he's been drinking so many glasses of them from the morning. I told him that he has to learn to save money if he wanted to buy that fancy food.

But when we reached there, I top up his money to have 2 tacos and I glass of orange juice. It is not much but the point is I will always relent to him. Maybe that's the reason I do not have my own kid. But I told him not to touch soda in the fridge that night, just plain water.

The next morning, he asked me whether he should cook instant noodles. Hahaha...I was so thoughtless. I am used to stay by myself where food is not important until the hunger pang become unbearable, then I will think what I should have.

Our breakfast...my pulut lepa stock finished already. Luckily, keropok leko still a lot in my fridge. My cheesy goguma and cheesy meatball with mushroom. I made a lot and half cooked them, stored in the freezer. It really helps during his stay. I am so lazy to cook.

My niece said it looked like having meal in the garden. I said it more looked like having it in the jungle. Hahaha, my messy home. Can it become normal again I doubt it.

This is our lunch. A simple meal. I cooked sardine and he really enjoyed it. The rest were my leftover food whihc I reheat. And save some for the dinner. Initially, I plan to cook daging masak merah too but discarded the idea since I do not have ginger. He is dissapointed but I promised him I will cook next Saturday. And we will be having Masak Lemak Cili Padi Ikan Salai too. He is really looking forward.

And with him around, I have to prepare for tea too. Again the meatball things plus keropok leko and keropok keping. I had a complete meal sets that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment