NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Monday, February 17, 2014

First wedding that I attend in 2014

Attending wedding is always my favourite thing. Though nowadays, I feel reluctant a little bit because of the distance that I have to travel, the noon hot sun that scorching your face and body, parking hassle(this will be okay if someone else driving and yesterday, my sister was the driver) and the fatigue that follow after a full stomach and journey back under the hot sun). Anyway, I always enjoy the meal, it really taste different and fun of meeting relatives or warm-up to the new addition of relatives...hehehe, what's that mean?

 People always creative in making bunga manggar. Nowadays, you can just buy it. But it was not used like last time when people will carry "bunga manggar" during the bridegroom procession. Now, it is used to show the location of the wedding feast. And do not ever forget to check the wedding couple's name as there might be more than 1 wedding feast at that time.

 This bunga manggar is unique coz they use sweets instead as decoration. At least, it is not wasted, people can still eat it. Warning!!!!! People with diabetes...it is a no no no. Big No. Anyway, it is always amazing the amount of money people spend on the preparation. I do not mean food but the decoration such as bunga manggar, wedding dais (pelamin), clothes, decoration on hantaran (gift), invitation card and the goodies. This alone sometimes can reach thousands of Ringgit (MYR).

 One of the bunga pahar. Artificial flowers and eggs on top of nasi kunyit or pulut kuning (tradisional food). I wonder what is the material they used to make the flower. Is it colorful socks?

This is the wedding dais. I did not have the chance to check on the bride/bridegroom's room. Normally, it will be decorated beautifully to match with the theme and color. Some even bought new bedroom furniture. A visit to their room is a must, at least for me...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment