NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Meet and Part - Parcel of Life

At tender age of 13 year old, I was sent to boarding school. The first day, I was really excited. It was like a great achievement as not simply anyone can go to boarding school. You have to pass the exam and for MARA Science Junior College at that time, we have to pass the interview and IQ test. Mmmm, I wonder now what happen to my IQ? Is it because of good food that is being fed to me by my parents and sister, I am losing them? I wonder. 

We made friends and develop the special bond because of the hardship that we face there. When you attend boarding school, you are not only studying. There were so many things to cope with. We also missed our family so much. We do not only share knowledge on academic matters but also life and religion. Food sharing, the joke whatsoever, it was fun. Trying not to get caught for breaking the rules or else, face punishment

When I was in form four, we formed a group called The Dozen. Of coz, there were others who had negative opinion on us because they thought we were a bunch of troublemaker. But the actual fact was it was formed because the twelve of us always brought food from dining hall and had together at our dorm. The rules clearly stated we have to eat at the dining hall unless you are sick. We are not allowed to bring back food. With the formation of group, it was easier for us to maintain a duty roaster on whose turn to take the food. Of coz, we would get scolded by the kakak and abang at dining hall but we just turned deaf ears. From some of my dorm mates point of view, we were considered noisy coz we always having fun such as birthday parties and dancing times during the weekend. You can say our voices at the top of our lung all the times. Surprisingly, it was not the same during class. 

When the time came for us to part after our final exam, SPM, it was really sad. No matter how many times I wanted to leave school coz of homesick, part of me also wanted us to remain together forever. But everyone really went on their way; some went to overseas to further their studies and ended up working there while others remained loyal at their hometown. When we get to meet each other, it was a warm feeling. Thank you to the social sites, we managed to track each other activities via them even though not meeting in person.

I miss my childhood friends and others too but my time also is running short. I also need time for my family and my own. I do not have time for gathering like last time. My nieces and nephews have grown up now, so that's meant more family events. 

Nevertheless, it was really sad to to receive news on the demise of my friends. The recent one was on 18 Jan this year. And I wondered whether I have a chance to meet her again after our graduation? The last time I met her when I visited the friends at Arkansas University. Al Fatihah for her, may she rest in peace.

Make your time to keep in touch and not having any regret. As for me, having losing so many close family members and friends, I become more stronger to receive this sort of news. But this news also remind us it will be our time too. Are we really prepared to meet Allah S.W.T? Have we repented from our sins, how much good deed we have done, do we take care of the poor and needy and do we really carry out our duty as a good Muslim? 

Take care and let us recite al Fatihah to our families and friends who had left us. I hope we will be able to see each other in heaven, our ultimate destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment