NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Tough times not ready to leave yet.

Getting old is one thing. But I dreaded the most is getting senile. Lately, I have been absent-minded. Yesterday, I am supposed to have confirmation review for my colleague together with my superior. I have booked the room. But as they said, to plan is one thing but unexpected things always lie in our path, right. If it is good thing, we would welcome it.

I woke up with good feeling...syyhh! I had a wonderful dream of meeting Usher. LOL. When I am about to rush for my work, I remember my boss said it is ok to come at 9. Then it happened. I could not locate my glasses. Searching hi n lo from my bedroom to kitchen. I know it is either on my dressing table or next to my lappy. Sometimes it can be in the bathroom or guestroom. But it is not there. I even checked the master bathroom even though I knew I did not use it last time. I only used the second bathroom. I am so frustrated. Either EL or what. I made up my mind. Definitely, I am going to work with or without glasses; I would drive slowly. I think I got one old glass in my car. And guess what. When I went inside the kitchen one more time, I saw my glasses lied nest to the stove. Oh man! I was late and the confirmation review was postponed. I feel sorry. I would try to make it next monday.

After that, the hectic search for one lost file continued. The day before, the staff told me she could not find it. After she went back in the afternoon, I also looked around. During the search, with this sheepish smile, she said could it be shredded by mistake? I almost got heart attack, about to jump already. But I knew she also must be worried, so I have to keep being composed. The whole department searched and we found it in the box next to her table. But the box belongs to other section. That girl simply chucked all her file plus the missing file inside the box. Am I glad it is settled.

But the day is not over yet. IT staff finally returned back my laptop which I sent for formatting that morning. Bad news after formatting is wifi is not working because of broken motherboard. Need to claim warranty. Fine, they asked me to use cable but it would be hassle. Oh this is for me to check office email during my leave. But here comes the worst news. When I am about to transfer my personal outlook file from my external hardisk to the laptop, the files were not there. I was dumbfounded....losing the work emails even though unintentionally felt as if i shredded them to pieces. I am gonna be screwed real hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment