NUFFNANG ADS

Please click here

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Job Hopping

Today is my first day at new working place. Changing job becomes my norm within 2/3 years. The longest period I served company is 7 years. Some interviewers are telling me that I do not have credibility coz I always job hopping.

Well, understand their point of view but I feel like telling them, if you think so, why you must conduct interview for managerial post? Shouldn't you do internal promotion or the current staff is not fit to be the manager? Why is it like that? Is it due to poor staff development at your place, lack of training, your poor judgement in hiring talented people or poor supervision skill of your top and middle management? If you do not do internal promotion, do you expect people would remain at your working place forever? And the same things go to me.

There are pros and cons. Sometimes, when you think that the development of your skill stop there, then it is time to get more exposure at other place. And there are times, when you need to move as other place provides you with bigger opportunity for you to be exposed to higher level and job skill/development. My view, why not? If I want to have an easy life, I can just stay at one place but then I won't have rich experience in different sector although my pay is not getting anywhere. It really depends on what you want and what the company can offer. 

I always strive for job enrichment and satisfaction. Besides, my level of curiosity is high...I always wonder what's happening in this sector and how it relates to my particular field. Then I have to explore by joining them. The employer always worried that the trained staff would leave and it burdened them to find competent staff but trust me, it is always case of on the job training and you find your own way to survive. In many places that I worked, it is our own initiative and the training provided to you almost none. But one thing that I always ensure is to leave a proper handover and ample guidance to whoever taking my place.

Anyway, I am happy to be back at my old working place. I was there before for a very short stint before moving back to my hometown. Now I am back in KL/Selangor. It seems my jodoh with this company a long way to go. Nice to meet old faces who still remember you though three years have passed. Best thing, the office is adjacent to shopping mall. Isn't it a wonderful place for ladies to work?

No comments:

Post a Comment